Lipidomics is the large-scale study of pathways and networks of cellular lipids in biological systems. The word "lipidome" is used to describe the complete lipid profile within a cell, tissue or organism and is a subset of the "metabolome" which also includes the three other major classes of biological molecules: proteins/amino-acids, sugars and nucleic acids.
Vitas offer a comprehensive analytical service related to lipid analysis. Our services constitute a combination of a multitude of in-house established targeted assays in addition to a untargeted MS based lipidomics approaches’.
We develop many new assays every year. We have experience with most sample types and is a important supplier of analytical services to the large Norwegian lipid producing industry.
We also offer a GMP analytical service for release analysis to clinical studies of lipids and for the release to the European or US market.
We offer qualitative and quantitative determination of lipids in various biological materials (cells, tissues, blood, embryos, Dried blood spots, milk, oils, food, drugs etc.). Our service includes the whole workflow from the sample preparation to the lipid extraction, the analytical measurements and the evaluation of the raw data.
The following techniques are available:
- Liquid Liquid extraction (LLE) and Solid Phase extraction (SPE)
- Analytical and preparative Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC)
- Normal phase and reversed phase HPLC - UV, DAD, FLD, ELSD, nCAD, EC
- Size exclusion chromatography (SEC/GPC) - with UV, ELSD and MS
- Liquid Chromatography / 3Q- Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
- Liquid Chromatography / Iontrap -Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
- Liquid Chromatography / High resolution Mass Spectrometry (HR-TOF-MS)
- Gas Chromatography with FID and Mass Selective Detection (GC-FID/MSD)
Please see our application page for more relevant applications or make a request for new assays and projects by contacting us.
Related pages: Instrumentation Quality Publications Applications